If you have a story you would like to share, email me or leave a link in the comment section.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

When an angel's wings are broken...

I have gotten to know someone over the last little while who I have come to respect and to love. I have been amazed at her strength, faith and devotion. In her life, she strives to do good. To be good; to lift the weary arms of those she knows. Her soft, kind gestures often go unnoticed to all but God Himself. She is the kind of person you come away from, feeling better about yourself, better about the world. She helps restore faith in mankind; proving the goodness of human nature. She is what I imagine as an everyday angel. Maybe not moving life’s symbolic mountains, but instead, helping people climb over them.

My friend’s heart is broken. She recently experienced a loss beyond all comprehension. I have been touched by her personal struggle; her determination to conquer despair and foster peace. Learning about this dear person has given me cause for thought.

What happens when an angel’s wings are broken? Who is there to mend them? At what point do those who minister, become ministered to?

There is a story from the Old Testament that offers the answer to that question. The prophet Elisha and his companions awoke one morning to find themselves surrounded by the army of the enemy. Immediately, Elisha’s servant was fearful, as anyone would be. Then Elisha spoke these words…

“And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.” (2 Kings 6:16 KJV)

At that point, the servants eyes were opened and he saw the mountains surrounding them FILLED with horses and chariots of fire.

(Yeah – that is pretty cool!)

I am convinced that when the angel’s wings are burdened with sorrow, heavy with grief and broken from pain, there are, waiting in places we cannot see, real Heavenly angels ready to sustain us through our battles.

Eventually the angels wings heal. Eventually the pain lessens and burdens are made lighter. But never are those unseen, divine forces taken from us.

So, to my dear angel friend, who is struggling to find her wings again, know that there is more celestial power than you can see.

And to those of you who want to help someone today; offer a hug, a smile, a tender touch. You never know, you may be the one that helps heal those angel’s wings.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love you my divine angel!

Many hugs...........

Diane

Fiauna said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing these uplifting words. Ooh, I have the chills.