If you have a story you would like to share, email me or leave a link in the comment section.

Friday, February 13, 2009

A Change of Pace... by Heather

So, this story comes from a blog my friend keeps. If you know her at all, you wouldn't be surprised by this at all... She is AMAZING.

Even though we are in the same ward, we haven't gotten to know each other very well. I always knew she was a wonderful person, but never knew how much so.Thankfully, I found her blog and have just grown to love her and her example. She is truly a light on a hill...

Here is here story... the original posted here.


Change of Pace


Something happened to me a week ago now and I haven't been able to shake
it. Guess that means its worthy of a post...I took Carson for a walk and needed
to pick up a few things from the store before we headed home. It had been a long
walk and my mind was a whirl of thoughts. It has been a pretty rocky couple of
months for me. A lot of "Woe Is Me" was going on during that walk and I found my
self praying through a lot of it. You know from the outside of the gospel it
almost looks magical, has this fix all perk to being apart of it. And its just
not true. Life is life, and the gospel is a wonderful tool to help you
cope,learn, heal, grow and march through it. A talk I had with Natalie a long
while back came to mind.(She has been one of my great teachers:)) She said she
prayed for her own personal revelation. That is what I wanted, and that is what
I prayed for. Just for my own little revelation. No more than 3 seconds later as
we were strolling into Wal-Mart a very old man touched my shoulder. His hands
were shaky and he was still trying to move his body to face me fully.

Old man: Aren't they the ultimate blessing? As he looked down at Carson.

Old man:One of life's greatest joys is right there in your stroller, his shaky hand pointing.

Old man: My granddaughter had a lot of problems having babies, so many
miscarriages.So many. She went to a doctor and he helped them have twins 3
months later she got pregnant on her own, he gave a big smile and small pause,
with twins.

Old man:Don't worry it will come.....My mouth just dropped and I
blinked at him.

Old man Pointing to Carson again: He is here to help you, trust
him, he will do great things.My eyes filled with tears and I whispered thank
you.

Old man squeezed my shoulder hard: You're going to be okay... God is
blessing you, if you look.He slowly walked outside.

I didn't move. I couldn't.

My head was clear. All the negative thoughts that I had thought of I couldn't remember. I found such a peace with what he said. I felt the spirit so strongly.

Thank you kind sir, you helped guide me on a brighter path.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

GREAT STORY. THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT WITH US.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/