If you have a story you would like to share, email me or leave a link in the comment section.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Someone Knew

This weeks post comes from Snorkeling Penguins on Innertubes. I am rather fond of its author! Thanks sweetie!
A few weeks ago, I did something I regreted as soon as I offered. There were
some boxes at my company's office that needed to be delivered to Phoenix, and I
offered to take them there because I was heading to a meeting in Phoenix a few
days later. When the day to deliver them came, I realized what I had volunteered
for...I was thinking of 3 or 4 lightweight boxes, and instead it was at least 10
very heavy boxes full of booklets. The place they needed to go was on the 4th
story of a building and the parking area was a long way from the entrance. Even
if I had wanted to move them, they wouldn't all fit in my car. So, I ignored it
and told myself I would do it later. A week or two passed and every day I noted
that I needed to get that done. But I have been so busy and the task frankly
felt overwhelming to work into my schedule. The pile of boxes was unsightly at
my office, and reminded me daily of the need to fulfil my obligation. But one
day, I arrived and the boxes were gone. I still don't know who moved them for
sure, and they probably don't realize what a relief that was to me, but in my
crazy life, they were the angels in my life this week.

No comments: